How do I prepare BEFORE August 12, 2019 for NextGen CM/ECF?
STEP ONE: Obtain an Individual PACER Account - Each E-filer MUST have his/her own individual PACER account. If you do not currently have an individual PACER account, you must create one. To register for an individual PACER account, go to www.pacer.gov and click Register. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to register for an individual PACER account.
Shared PACER accounts cannot be used by E-filers once a court has upgraded to NextGen CM/ECF. However, agencies/firms may set up a PACER Administrative Account (PAA) to manage attorney accounts and have the individual accounts centrally billed for PACER access fees. Click here for PAA policies and procedures and click here for PAA registration.
STEP TWO: Upgrade Your Legacy PACER Account - If you already have an individual PACER account, it MUST be upgraded. To quickly identify whether you have an upgraded or legacy account, go to www.pacer.gov, click Manage My Account at the top of the screen, and log in with your current PACER credentials. Your account type, along with other account information, will be displayed. If your account type is listed as:
- Upgraded PACER Account, you already have an upgraded account and no action is required.
- Legacy PACER Account, you MUST upgrade your account by clicking the (Upgrade) link next to your account type and completing the upgrade process. After upgrading your account, you may want to save your new upgraded PACER credentials in your OKND CM/ECF account. This will allow you to view queries, reports, and documents without re-entering your PACER username and password each time. The following step-by-step instructions are available:
CJA Panel Attorneys and Other Exempt PACER Users: Please note that you only need one upgraded PACER account for filing and viewing in NextGen CM/ECF as you are now able to switch between exempt and non-exempt PACER use within the same account. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to request your OKND exemption privileges be added to your individual, upgraded PACER account and how to select the appropriate status (exempt or non-exempt) when accessing PACER.
STEP THREE: Know Your Account Credentials - AFTER the Court upgrades to NextGen CM/ECF, E-filers must use the following credentials to link their individual, upgraded PACER account to their OKND CM/ECF account:
- Your current OKND CM/ECF login and password for filing documents in this Court.
- If your login/password is stored in the browser, it will be lost and not recoverable once the Court upgrades to NextGen CM/ECF.
- To retrieve a forgotten CM/ECF login, please call the Court’s CM/ECF Help Desk (918-699-4844 or toll free at 866-213-1957) anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
- If you do not know your CM/ECF password, please use the password reset feature from the CM/ECF login page.
- Your individual, upgraded PACER account username and password.
How do I access NextGen CM/ECF and e-file ON or AFTER August 12, 2019?
STEP FOUR: Link Your OKND CM/ECF Account to Your Upgraded PACER Account -On or after August 12, 2019, E-filers MUST link their existing CM/ECF accounts to their upgraded PACER accounts for Central Sign On. ( E-filers will NOT be able to e-file in NextGen CM/ECF until their existing CM/ECF account is linked to their individual, upgraded PACER account.) This must be done until AFTER the Court upgrades to NextGen CM/ECF. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to link a CM/ECF account to an upgraded PACER account.