For Registration of Judgment from Another District
Counsel must submit an original of the following (28 U.S.C. § 1963):
- A Certificate of Judgment form (AO 451) from the U.S. District Court where the judgment originated, or in the alternative, an order from said court directing the Clerk to register such;
- A certified copy of the judgment from the originating U.S. District Court; and,
- A filing fee of $47.00 made payable to the Clerk, United States District Court.
If an attorney requests a copy of the judgment registered in our district, he/she will be required to provide the Clerk's Office with an additional copy. The copy will be file stamped and contain a miscellaneous case number.
To Certify a Judgment for Registration in Another District
Counsel must submit the following materials:
- A written request for the preparation of a Certificate of Judgment for Registration in another District.
- A fee of $11.00 for the certification plus $.50 per page for the judgment to be copied. Reproduction of the judgment must be done by the court.
- Provide a return envelope or a telephone number to contact when the certificate is completed.