Procedures for Foreign Service can be obtained by visiting the website for the Bureau of Consular Affairs at http://travel.state.gov and selecting Law & Policy, then Consular Notification and Access.
The attached documents summarize the basic requirements of consular notification and access:
- Part 1 - Basic Instructions
- Part 2 - Detailed Instructions on the Treatment of Foreign Nationals
- Part 3 - Frequently Asked Questions
- Part 4 - Translations of Suggested Statements to be made to Foreign Nationals to be Arrested or Detained
- Part 5 - Legal Material
- Part 6 - Foreign Embassies and Consulates in the United States