You are here

Naturalization FAQ's

What Is the Different Between a Certificate of Citizenship and a Certificate of Naturalization?

A Certificate or Citizenship is a document issued by the U.S. government as proof of U.S. citizenship. An individual who obtained U.S. citizenship either by action of law while residing in the United States, or by having been born outside the United States to U.S. citizen parents, has the right to apply for a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship. A Certificate of U.S. Naturalization is a document issued by the U.S. government as proof of a person having obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalization. Copies of both forms must be obtained through USCIS.


How can I get a copy of my name change petition?

If you were naturalized in the Northern District of Oklahoma as an adult from 1996 to present, please contact the Clerk’s office at 918-699-4710.  If you were naturalized prior to 1996 you will need to contact USCIS directly.


The passport agency requires proof of my citizenship. I lost my documents. What should I give them?

The best we can do is to provide you with a certified letter verifying your naturalization in our court. Check with the passport agency to find out whether it is acceptable to them. 


I was naturalized with my parents years ago. Can I get a certified letter or replacement certificate from you?

Our court does not maintain any records of minor children who were naturalized with their parents. Please contact tho USCIS for more information.


I lost my citizenship certificate. How do I get a replacement?

Please contact the USCIS directly. Meanwhile, we can provide you with a certified letter verifying that you were naturalized in the US District Court for the Northern  District of Oklahoma if you were naturalized as an adult in our court. Contact our naturalization clerk at 918-699-4710.


I mailed my application for citizenship many months ago but I haven't heard anything. Can you help me?

Unfortunately, no. Please contact the USCIS directly to inquire about the delay in processing your case.


I need citizenship applications, children's applications, alien registration cards, where can I get them?

We have no USCIS forms. Please contact them directly at, or call1‑800‑375‑5283 (call center) or 1‑800.870‑3676 (to request forms).