You are here

Name Changes

Citizen applicants who changed their names while living in the United States and want their new name on their Naturalization Certificates must do one of the following:

  • Present proof that you have already changed your name according to the legal requirements that apply to persons living in Oklahoma. Then the USCIS can issue the Certificate of Naturalization showing your new name.

    Such proof might include a marriage certificate or divorce decree showing that you changed your name when you married or divorced. It might also include some other state court order establishing that you changed your name.

  • If you are going to take the Oath of Allegiance at a Naturalization Ceremony that is held in Court, you may ask the Court to change your name. If the Court grants your request, your new name will appear on your Certificate of Naturalization.

Applicants should contact their local immigration office to determine how many days prior to the Naturalization Ceremony the proof of name change or the request to change your name should be presented to the Court.